Fascinating Hebrew Words That Don’t Have A Direct Translation In EnglishApril 10, 2018
“Everyone Has a Name” – Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)April 12, 2018
To prepare for Israel’s 70th birthday, here are 70 fun facts about Israeli food, culture, geography, academics and more! Israel, a country the size of New-Jersey with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can make claim to the following:
As a tribute to Israel’s 70th Birthday we are counting down with 7 fun trivia facts a day.
- Beersheva has the largest number of chess grandmasters per capita of any city in the world.
- Israeli banknotes have Braille on them to assist the blind.
- BabySense, an Israeli product aimed at preventing Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS),is saving babies’ lives around the world.
- The glue on Israeli stamps is kosher
- Microsoft has more employees in Israel than it does per capita anywhere in the world.
- Coffee and cafés are so good in Israel that it’s the only country where Starbucks failed trying to break into the local market.
- Israel has one of the highest concentrations of bird traffic in the world—500 million migrating birds cross its airspace each year.
Do you have any fun facts to share?