70 Unusual Facts For 70 Years of IsraelApril 15, 2018
Get To Know Tel-Aviv’s Street Library CultureApril 23, 2018
To prepare for Israel’s 70th birthday, here are 70 fun facts about Israeli food, culture, geography, academics and more!
Israel, a country the size of New-Jersey with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can make claim to the following:
- Israel has one of the highest concentrations of bird traffic in the world—500 million migrating birds cross its airspace each year.
- Every year, an Israeli Arab hotel manager named Jaaber Hussein buys all the state’s chametz (leavened products) for Passover.
- A green pepper grown in Moshav Ein Yahav claimed the record for the world’s largest, weighing in at over a pound.
- The most popular name for Israeli babies—both boys and girls—is “Noam.”
- Feeling adventurous? You can buy hummus-flavored ice cream in Jaffa.
Do you have any fun facts to share?