The Must Have Israeli Wines For Your SederMarch 28, 2018
Fascinating Hebrew Words That Don’t Have A Direct Translation In EnglishApril 10, 2018
To prepare for Israel’s 70th birthday, here are 70 fun facts about Israeli food, culture, geography, academics and more! Israel, a country the size of New-Jersey with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can make claim to the following:
As a tribute to Israel’s 70th Birthday we are counting down with 7 fun trivia facts a day.
- Cherry tomatoes were engineered in Israel.
- Israel is the only country to have more trees today than it did 50 years ago.
- An Israeli company developed the world’s first jellyfish repellent.
- After Tokyo and New York City, Tel Aviv has the most sushi restaurants per capita.
- Israel is the only country to have a sacred language (Hebrew) as its national tongue.
- Thanks to its national snack (think peanut Cheetos), babies in Israel are 10 times less likely to suffer from peanut allergies.
- The “Mighty Morphin’ Power Rangers” TV series was produced by an Israeli named Haim Saban.
Do you have any fun facts to share?