“Everyone Has a Name” – Yom Hashoah (Holocaust Remembrance Day)April 12, 2018
70 Fun Facts For 70 Years of IsraelApril 16, 2018
To prepare for Israel’s 70th birthday, here are 70 fun facts about Israeli food, culture, geography, academics and more! Israel, a country the size of New-Jersey with less than 1/1000th of the world’s population, can make claim to the following:
As a tribute to Israel’s 70th Birthday we are counting down with 7 fun trivia facts a day.
- People of the book: Israel publishes more books per capita than any other country.
- Israel has the world’s highest rate of entrepreneurship among women.
- The technology for AOL Instant Messenger (ICQ) was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
- In 1992, Israel experienced such a severe winter that snow fell in the Negev desert.
- Israel has the highest number of university degrees per capita than any other country.
- Haifa’s subway system is one of the world’s smallest, with four carriages and just over one mile of track.
- One million notes are left in the Kotel (Western Wall) each year. They are cleaned out twice a year, before Passover and Rosh Hashanah.
Do you have any fun facts to share?